Friday, August 16, 2013

MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE


Thought I'd take some time off the textbooks and write a short post. I'm no make up expert but here goes...

My everyday make-up routine:

1. I put a small amount of BB cream all over my face, one that consists of SPF. I use Amore Laneige Snow BB cream SPF 41, which my mum passed to me. I don't particularly like the sticky feeling of BB cream so I avoid putting excessively. 

2. I then conceal my dark eye circles and any spots/acne/scars with Garnier Anti-Spot Roll On

3. I dab on a little bit of pressed power next. I use Clean & Clear's compact power

4. Moving on to eyebrows, I actually use a eyeshadow to shade in the front portion first. I used a dark brown colour from Chanel's Travel Collection code number 6501. I avoid using black because I find it a bit too harsh. I then extend the end of my eyebrows with a random drugstore eyebrow pencil in dark brown. I use a white shimmering eyeshadow from the eyeshadow palette to highlight my brow bridge (?), which is essentially under the area where your eyebrows arch. 

5. Weirdly enough, I put on mascara first before eyeshadow. I think I got used to this because I never used to put on eyeshadow. Anyway, I curl my lashes first then I apply Maybelline's Pulse Perfection Vibrating Mascara, which I got as a free gift. I didn't expect to like it so much but I do. The bristles not as chunky as the other Maybelline ones so it's easier to manage on my sparse asian lashes. But maybe this is coming from my one and only experience with mascaras. I apply it on my bottom lashes too. 

6. For eyeshadow, I only use one shade to outline my eyes. It's from the same Chanel Travel Palette, but I use the lighter shade of brown. I shadow about 1cm above my top lashes and increase the intensity towards the end of my eyes. 

7. This is my favourite step. I highlight the inner corners of my eyes with the same shimmering white eyeshadow mentioned above. It really makes my eyes pop in my opinion and I never thought it could make much of a different but it does!

8. I put on blush on my cheeks using Benefit's luminizer in Hervana, and a flick onto my nose bridge too. I often rotate with this and Benefit's Posie Tint, which I keep in my bag to touch up when I'm out.

9. I often leave my lips bare with a slab of Maybelline's Baby Lips. But sometimes I like to dab on a berry coloured lipstick (Etude House code number 46934) for a dark shade. For a lighter shade, I just use Benefit's Posie Tint. 

Let me know if you need or want pictures of the products mentioned!

No comments:

Post a Comment