Sunday, July 13, 2014

THE SUMMER DRESS

(Zara dress, Taobao leopard bag and cut out boots, Asymmtrcl Quartz Rock Ring)

Photos by Erman

The perfect summer dress in my opinion, is not white. Shocking, I know. Was so attracted to this dress for it's perfect blend of faded grey/light beige colour. An undecipherable mousy colour is great for summer. Not knowing how to classify the colour adds points. The subtle fringing on the hems and on the pockets gave it a bohemian character, I can't explain. Not to mention the unshapely-ness of the whole thing. I think I am allergic to bodycon.  

The large pockets reminds me of those on a suit. Speaking of which, this outfit is inspired by Bonobos' summer suit collection. One particular suit stood out to me, which was this piece:

The perfect off-grey/beige colour that I thought was really similar to the colour of my dress. I am also loving the pink accessories this suit is paired with. Who says guys can't wear pink? See more of their summer suit collection here.
I paired the dress with some silvers and a chunky rock ring because I am currently obsessed with stone jewelry. Also, attached my newly acquired furry friend on my go-to leopard bag for some winter details. The fox tail and I are currently inseparable.
More summer related posts coming up, including a photo diary of my recent getaway to Batam!

---


I would also like to extend an apology in regards to my loooong hiatus. As I am in my 3rd year of polytechnic (pre-university) years, I am on a 6-month internship doing marketing for a film projection company. I've been assigned to this company alone and hence, I have no one to help with my outfit shots. I fully treasure my time during the weekends and have not had the time and content to blog... Thus, till this internship is over, I will have to resort to posting what little content I have on other platforms like my Instagram and Tumblr. I promise things will get better after this all ends. So please don't give up on whiteobscurity. More exciting things to come! Including a school-trip to Chicago, which I am SO excited to blog about.

Okay, I am gonna start working on my other posts now. Thank you for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment